Monday, September 8, 2008

29 Weeks, Natural Childbirth, and Medial Collateral Ligament


Baby Boy Noel is doing great! He is very at home in my belly. I enjoy watching my belly contort into weird shapes and shift, and it usually includes a strong kick that makes it look like popcorn is popping inside. He now wakes me up with his antics at night, but his activity is only #3 on the list of things that wake/keep me up at night.

I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee 3 years ago, the result of a snowboarding incident. Up until a few weeks ago, my knee was 100% and I had no issues with it. Within the past few weeks, it has started aching. It hurts when I apply weight to it. Must be the 25 extra pounds I'm carrying around! I visited my doctor and she told me that I had a ligament strain in my knee. Ice and elevation it is! Hopefully it won't hurt me until delivery, it's so not cute to be pregnant and limping.

Jamaal and I attended a Natural Childbirth class yesterday. It was very informative. We learned relaxation techniques, breathing and massage, all to manage the pain of labor. I'd love to be able to deliver naturally, but I also will not rule out asking for drugs should the need arise.

Baby and I are enjoying a week off from work. We'll be hanging around the house and Goodwilling stuff to clear space for him. This should be interesting, since I'm supposed to be staying off my knee. :)

Have a good week!

No comments: