Thursday, May 29, 2008

The First 14 Weeks

We found out we were expecting on March 19 of this year. We were both excited, but shocked and amazed that it did not take long for us to conceive. The next few weeks were a blur, going from ecstatic and happy to worried and scared. Was everything OK? Was this pregnancy viable? Our first doctor's appointment seemed years away. Once we had that and saw our little one on the ultrasound, we felt better. Over the next several weeks, I experienced mild morning sickness and a decreased appetite. It was fun telling friends and family about the baby, and hearing all of the stories of women who have been through pregnancy. The advice you automatically get when someone knows you're expecting is great. I'm so thankful to have so many resources!

I am now pretty much over the sickness. I am not napping every single day, like I did during the first trimester. I am experiencing round ligament pain, which happens as the uterus gets bigger to make room for the growing baby. My lower abdomen aches and it radiates to my low back. I think this is my payback for not having bad morning sickness! Either way, it is all worth it! Jamaal and I are mesmerized by my growing belly, and we talk to the baby every day. We hope you all will share your love with the baby too. :o)

3 comments:

Adelina said...

i told ant he better watch out cuz you and i are always twins! I can't be wearing maternity wear anytime soon...hehe

Sara said...

WOW. round ligament pain. Say that three times fast.

Anonymous said...

YAY mama Noel....i'm soo excited to be an aunty, can't wait to spoil the lil peanut!